WE HAVE MOVED!

"And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven,
saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth....
[Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]

Sunday, March 29, 2015

TradCatKnight Poem: "If Today Be My Last Day..."

TradCatKnight Poem:
"If Today Be My Last Day..."
By: Eric Gajewski
From the Work "Fortress of The Soul"

Please play the video below
then proceed to read as your listening....

“If Today be the day I die…”
If today be that day,
Blessed still be Thy Name
Wherest my tears like the barren river run dry
Wherest my broken down body shall eventually die
Wherest in my hopes that it will one day again arise
If today be that day,
Let the Immaculate Heart of Mary pave the way
Wherest in Thy Fortress no more there are lies
Wherest we fly away from those earthly cries
Wherest the eagles gather *wingless in the eternal skies
If today be that day,
May my heart this morn’ not go astray
Wherest I might be delivered into the Presence of the All-wise
Wherest man’s money no longer buys
Wherest no concealed sin any longer hides
If today be that day
Let me remain alone in silence to pray
Wherest two hearts unto one another, recognize
Wherest I can perpetually look deeply into His Eyes
Wherest above all things created, His Love defies….

*wingless= in heaven faith and hope are no longer found but only the eyes of charity remain



PRACTICAL REFLECTIONS.

To fear death, and not to avoid sin, which alone can make it really terrible, is to fear it unavailably for salvation; for, as Christians, we ought to dread it so as to make the fear of it the motive and rule of a good life. The great secret of dying happily is to live always in the same state in which we hope to die, and in which we desire that God may find us when our last hour shall have arrived. We should, therefore, do all the good and practice all the virtues now, which we shall then wish to have done and practiced. Endeavor to die daily to some one of all those things which, when thou departest hence, thou must leave forever. Happy the Christian who dies often in spirit ere he quits the flesh. His death shall be holy and precious in the sight of God


Prayer

O’ my God by thy grace deliver us from our past and by this same sanctifying grace bury the “old man” in the tombs of “self” never to be remembered anymore. May thy grace which we asketh of Thee this day continually root out all imperfections and resurrect within me all things anew in You. Mayst I be strong enough in thy grace to recognize my weaknesses and let my weakness in this recognition be my strength. Thus, If today is my last day let it be alone with Thee, My Beloved Prince Who are the Owner of everyday…
 

2 comments:

  1. This has stirred my soul to the point, I have no words. May God Bless You

    ReplyDelete